ZAKYNTHOS CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
The Zakynthos Chamber of Commerce was founded in 1991. It consists of a 21 member Board and includes the Services, Manufacturing and Trade Divisions. Recently the Tourism Department was created to implement the Board’s decisions.
The Zakynthos Chamber helps local governments and advocates for solutions to commercial issues— on behalf of local businesses— via local statutory bodies. The Chamber partakes in discovery, research and action, to propose timely solutions— in service of the region’s commercial sector— and to foster sustainable development of the island.
In an effort to upgrade and service entrepreneurs, some of the main initiatives and projects include:
• the development of a marina and new port, including space for the docking of cruise ships
• the creation of parking spaces, and development of Zakynthos Town pedestrian zones
• the restoration project of the city's central square
• improvements to the island’s network water supply
• renovations of the municipal theater and the slaughterhouses
The Chamber also participates in, and organizes exhibitions in a effort to support the cultural and social life of the island. It communicates all business funding opportunities through the respective current subsidies. The Chamber also informs members about tax and legal issues, including insurance.
The Chamber maintains the General Commercial Registry and “One Stop Shop” for the establishment of companies. It participates in government committees and boards such as:
• Central Union of Greek Chambers as a member of the General Assembly
• International Chamber of Commerce with a Member of the Board of Directors
• Chambers Group for the Development of Greek Isles (E.O.A.E.N.) with the Vice President in the Board of Directors
• EU Island Chambers Network - INSULEUR as a member of the General Assembly
• Administrator of European Programmes of Western Greece - Peloponnese - Epirus and the Ionian Islands with Second Vice President to the Board.
The Zakynthos Chamber of Commerce has organized the General Assembly of Chambers Group for the Development of Greek Isles (E.O.A.E.N.) twice:
On 29/05/2010 on "Insularity and Alternative forms of tourism."
On 10.10.2015 the 38th General Assembly and Forum on 'Tourism Development - Prospects of Greek islands: Entrepreneurship - Technology - Innovation ".
Finally, the Chamber organised the open meeting of the Administrative Board of the Central Union of Greek Chambers, held in Zakynthos.
MAIN BUSINESS EXPORT CATEGORIES
Food & Beverage Industry with special mention of the Olive Oil and Olive Oil Products Category, and Wine exporters. All exporters of the mentioned Categories are included in our Guide.
Zakynthos Chamber of Commerce
President: Dimitrios Gargaleas
Address: 20, Lomvardou Str. 29100, Zakynthos
Telephone: +30 26950 41940-1,20090-1-2
Fax: +30 26950 23135