HERAKLION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
The Heraklion Chamber of Commerce was founded in 1923. The company members now number more than 20,000, of which 34% belong to the secondary sector (industry - crafts), 65% in the tertiary sector (trade, services, tourism) and 1% in the primary sector (agriculture and livestock).
An action plan is drawn up on an annual basis, and if necessary, updated, depending on the business needs and economic climate. Here below is an outline of the Chamber’s activities. The Chamber:
• Provides public authority services (licenses, certificates, permits, etc.).
• Acts as an advisor of the state (providing information and counsel, presenting proposals, developing expert committees etc.).
• Participates in planning committees of regional decentralized bodies and local authorities.
• Develops action plans and provides services of a supportive nature (information, advice and training for members).
• Conducts studies and acts as advisory expert, promoting business partnerships and participating in activities of development agencies.
• Cooperates with institutions at local, regional, national and international level, as well as academic and research institutions in the region.
• Provides financial support to primary and secondary trade unions and their initiatives.
The Heraklion Chamber of Commerce & Industry is responsible for:
• The General Commercial Registry (GEMI), thus satisfying fixed business demands which are less subject to change.
• The "One Stop Service", in order to streamline procedures for setting up new companies.
Initiatives: In the recent years, the Chamber has developed dozens of large and smaller horizontal actions and customized business support. To support the companies - members, it has established and operates:
• The Extroversion Office
• The Business Support Office
• The Messara Annex
• The HPC-Certified Schools
To secure development resources for businesses in Crete, the Heraklion Chamber has implemented important actions under the Second and Third Community Support Framework, and other European initiatives (Now, equal, INTER- REG II, INTERREGIII, Leonardo Da Vinci etc.). The expertise acquired by the Chamber in conjunction with co-financed projects, has been effective, leading to the presentation and implementation of autonomous proposals and projects at National and European level.
MAIN BUSINESS EXPORT CATEGORIES
Food & Beverage Industry with special mention of the Olive Oil and Olive Oil Products Category, Rusks and Traditional Bakery Products, Honey & Aromatic Herbs, Agricultural Products and the Dairy Industry. Special mention must be made of the exporters within the Manufacturers and Building & Construction Industries. All exporters of the mentioned Categories are included in our Guide.
Heraklion Chamber of Commerce
President: Manolis Alifierakis
Address: 9, Koronaiou Str.
71202 Heraklion, Crete
Telephone: +30 28102 47010
Fax: +30 28102 22914