EVIA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
The Evia Chamber of Commerce was founded in 1933 and today has approximately 16,000 registered businesses as members. Its main objective is to help foster the sustainable development of its members. Other objectives include work as an ally of local businesses, providing continuous and accurate information and focusing on entrepreneurial solutions to problems facing local businesses.
At the same time, it ensures the acquisition of necessary supplies for local entrepreneurs, thus facilitating some of the many challenges faced. More specifically, here is a list of the main activities of the Evia Chamber:
• Formulates proposals to local authorities and responsible Ministries.
• Participates in conferences of the Union of Greek Chambers of Commerce and other agencies.
• Organizes conferences and other informational events across Evia.
• Performs trade missions and participates in international exhibitions.
• Monitors and participates in European programs, and informs potential beneficiaries.
• Conducts seminars to increase the competitiveness of enterprises in food hygiene and safety (EFET) and safety techniques.
The Evia Chamber of Commerce believes that the contribution of vocational education and training is a prerequisite for the development of entrepreneurship, so it has developed a series of initiatives such as:
• Elaboration of sectoral research studies.
• Participation in European programs (ADAPT initiative, etc.).
• Participation in Leonardo pilot projects, which were concerned with the formulation of two databases for on-line education in subjects of entrepreneurship.
These initiatives also include the participation of the Evia Chamber of Commerce in the ERASMUS+ Mobility Programme, providing members with specialized and high quality education.
Through this activity in recent years the Chamber has provided training in important subjects in various European countries such as Holland, Germany, Austria, England, Spain, Italy and Cyprus, to many entrepreneurs of various sectors, providing them the possibility of continuous development and improvement of their skills.
An important fact to highlight is that the Evia Chamber of Commerce was certified as an official body and was awarded the Mobility Charter. This certification codifies the Chamber’s role in managing transnational trade projects.
MAIN BUSINESS EXPORT CATEGORIES
Internationally renowned businesses in the Building and Construction Industry especially with regards to Ceramics and the unique “Karystou” natural stones. The Food and Beverage Industry includes exporters in the Fish Industry, Ready to Eat Greek Meals, Olives, Snails, Honey and other general food products.
Evia Chamber of Commerce
President: Nikolaos Moros
Address: 12, El. Venizelou Str. 34100, Halkida
Telephone: +30 22210 22885 - 23510
Fax: +30 22210 80918