CHIOS CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
The Chios Chamber of Commerce came about from the merger of the Commercial and Industrial Chamber of Chios, founded in 1918, with the Professionals and Small and Medium Industries Chamber of Chios, founded in 1947. It is an obligatory union of individual and legal entities who conduct business activity in the region.
It functions as a communications hub for messages, to and from local business networks and the Greek Government.
Today the register includes 3,790 active companies and within this framework, its function is to provide significant support and guidance on issues related to development and economic progress in the region.
Specifically, the Chios Chamber of Commerce:
• Provides advisory support to its members for a wide range of topics relating to business (financial incentives, exports, etc.)
• Does consulting work,with representatives in various committees and councils. Performs analysis of the problems facing the island's economy, always acting according to the interests of the state and with the guiding principal of development and assistance of private initiative.
• Maintains the General Registry and the "One Stop Shop".
• Implements European Projects on issues concerning business training (Leonardo, Erasmus, etc.).
• Organizes informational workshops regarding a wide range of business related issues.
• Implements training programs, in collaboration with certified organizations.
• Updates the register of companies in the production, manufacturing, services and tourism industries.
• Manages, on a daily basis, all legal affairs of business members: company formations and dissolutions, changes, pre- authorizations of company names and distinctive titles, subscriptions, generic certificates, certificates for historic members, cash information, publications in the General Registry, changes in certificates, "One Stop Shop", auction updates etc.
• Claims financial aid resources and participates in the design and management of entrepreneurship support programs for local businesses and the local market.
MAIN BUSINESS EXPORT CATEGORIES
Food & Beverage Industry as well as Cosmetics and Pharmaceutic Industry especially with use of the unique aromatic spice “Chios mastiha” produced only on Chios Island. Refer to the Special Section “Precious Mastiha of Chios Island by Chios Mastiha Growers Association” and also Mastiha Products Category in the Guide.
Chamber of Chios
President: Pantelis Legatos
Address: 8, Fillipou Argenti Str. 82100, Chios
Telephone: +30 22710 44330 - 1
Fax: +30 22710 44332