LASITHI CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
The Lasithi Chamber of Commerce & Industry was founded in 1947 with headquarters in the capital of Lasithi, Agios Nikolaos. The Chamber’s role to support and promote development is reflected in specific targeted actions.
• Submits advisory recommendations —based on consultations— to the state indicating to the authorities, solutions to the various problems facing professionals as a group or individually by sector.
• Participates in committees and infrastructure planning sessions with representatives, to protect the interests of its members.
• Organizes development seminars and conferences and advocates for laws and funding, for all members.
• Supports and promotes exports mainly of trade and manufacturing / processing professionals.
• Complies with the Commercial and Trade Name Copyright Registries
• Complies with the Special Registry of Exporters.
• Participates in the Equity Funds Anonymous Companies to support local initiatives.
The Lasithi Chamber of Commerce & Industry, since its foundation, has contributed significantly to the prosperity and development of the region, aiming to expand the commercial and professional activity throughout the region.
The Chamber also participates in various programs and initiatives of the Structural Funds the European Union and the National Strategic Reference Framework (NSRF) of Greece, such as, those of cross-European territorial cooperation; and the National Strategic Reference Framework 2007-2013 (INTERREG II, III, ESPA 2007-2013 European Territorial Cooperation Greece-Cyprus 2007-2013, etc.).
In addition, it has implemented major initiatives under the Operational Program "Information Society" with the operation of the e-commerce portal for the small and medium-sized enterprises of Lasithi, The Chamber has also implemented various strategies to strengthen local employment. The creation of a significant number of seminars and local business development programs also serves to forward the Chamber’s mission.
Finally, the Chamber is a partner in the Organization for the Development of Crete S.A. and the Organization for the Development of Lasithi S.A.. It is a founding member of the Chambers Group for the Development of Greek Isles (E.O.A.E.N.) and a member of the Greek Chambers Transport Association.
MAIN BUSINESS EXPORT CATEGORIES
Food & Beverage Industry with special mention of the Olive Oil and Olive Oil Products Category, Rusks and Traditional Bakery Products, and Cretan Wines. All exporters of the mentioned Categories are included in our Guide.
Lasithi Chamber of Commerce
President: Thomas Haritakis
Address: 17, P. Kountourou Str. 72100, Agios Nikolaos, Crete
Telephone: +30 28410 22231 - 27140 - 27150
Fax: +30 28410 23831